Tuesday, October 24, 2017

OOTD + Style For Less

Denim Wrap Dress


Hey there beauties, this is another post on an OOTD + how to get styled for less!

In the above image I have on a wrap dress made of denim. For those who don't know or aren't sure, a wrap dress is actually exactly what it sounds like. The dress consists of wrapping one side over the other, creating a front closure and taking the attached ties and wrapping them around the waist to create a knot. The attached ties then hug the waist of the wearer and forms a V-shaped neckline.

Diane Von Furstenberg, 1974
Katie Miranda, 2017

Although the wrap dress may seem as though it has only just begun to make its way into the fashion world in recent years, the iconic dress actually made its first debut about 40 years ago. In 1974, 26 year-old Diane Von Furstenberg created the wrap dress which can be made from jersey fabric many variations of patterns. Of course because the fashion industry is constantly evolving, often times designers draw inspiration from history or other designers; really inspiration can come from anywhere. It is said that the wrap dress can be dated back as early as the 1930's, so it may be so that Furstenberg's illustrious wrap dress was simply a recreation of earlier works in history. Though Furstenberg's choice of synthetic fabrics did distinguish her work from earlier wrap dress designs.
  • Jersey Fabric (Knit fabric) - Originally made of wool, now made from wool, cotton and synthetic fabrics; predominantly used for clothing manufacturing


On this particular day I decided to wear it down in a very simple way, being careful not to do too much. I styled my dress with black platform sandals (such as the ones in the image above), and my hair down. You could also pair this with a cute necklace, I would have chose a rose-gold colored necklace, personally. I was going for a casual spring morning look. I usually like to add a standout piece to my outfit, but lately I have used my pink hair to that effect.
Now, I chose a simple look on this day but if I were to dress it up, I would style my denim wrap dress with wedges. Dressing up an outfit isn't so difficult, it's all about the shoes and accessories you choose to pair your outfit with. I would style my denim dress with a nice floral cardigan, preferably with Carmine-colored rose details and ultimately a neutral colored handbag to complete the look.




I have seen the dress range from $25 (Forever21) to $100+ (Calvin Klein), I bought mine for $20 on Amazon. I have become a huge fan of buying cheap clothes off Amazon, lucky for my wallet and I, I have yet to be disappointed. You could probably find the dress on websites like Romwe or Zaful but I can't vouch for them on this particular dress.

Links:Dress - Amazon Denim Wrap Dress
Shoes - Platform Sandals (No longer available in Black)

Overall, I am a huge fan of this dress. It fits comfortably, arrived fast and in good condition. It can easily be styled in many different ways since denim goes with anything. This is a good quality dress and extremely versatile as it isn't restricted to being dressed up or down. Anywho...

I do hope you guys enjoyed this post and learned something new along the way!

Thank youuu,
K. Mauve♥

No comments:

Post a Comment