Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Rhinestone Choker Review

Chokers By Sophab Review

"Princess" ($50.00)

In the most recent years a ton of things have made a comeback from mom jeans to overalls similar to the ones you wore as a child. This summer brought back chokers, something we all thought was left behind in the 90's. People have got pretty creative when it comes to chokers, anything from velvet to satin chokers and more.

Recently, I bought a couple of rhinestone chokers that I have made the signature piece to all of my outfits. I really never leave my house without one. It's just become my favorite accessory and I was never really much of a jewelry person, until now.

First lets start off with where I got my beautiful handmade chokers. The beautiful @Sophab_ on Instagram has been selling them on her website http://www.chokersbysophab.com/.

Price:
Her chokers are a bit pricey, going up to $50 but I can see why when they're handmade. It takes a ton of time and effort to make them all on her own. On the bright side you don't pay for taxes or shipping. So basically you're not only paying for the choker but for the labor as well.

Quality:
The chokers are all so beautiful. The only downside is that 2 out of the 3 chokers I ordered did break when I first tried them on. When you're paying $50 for something the last thing you want to see is it break. Though in the end, I did find a way to fix them.

My Experience:
In total, I ordered three chokers spending somewhere around $146. Now I did have a couple questions about my order so I did contact the seller and much to my surprise she responded pretty fast, even when I emailed her later on about my chokers breaking. She was kind enough to offer to send the materials I would need to fix the chokers so I thought that was extremely considerate of her.
Now when I first got my chokers I was excited. They were just so beautiful I couldn't wait to try them on. The chokers I bought were the "Sirius", "Atlantis", and "Arctic" chokers. Surprisingly, I even got a little gift, a free choker worth $38.
I had absolutely no issue trying on the Atlantis choker at first but as the week went by the choker started falling apart just slightly. It didn't break off completely as the necklace was still intact but I felt concerned it may fall apart as time went by. In the end I fixed it with a little glue and all was good. When it came to my Sirius choker, there weren't enough jump rings to comfortably put on the choker. The clamp broke off but all in all, none of the chokers were completely destroyed. The choker I usually wore everyday was the Arctic choker. It's so beautiful, luckily this one was extremely sturdy, the only issue being that because It was made from a different material it turned my neck a slight greenish color. This could easily be avoided by applying a light coat of clear nail polish before trying it on.
Obviously as I mentioned earlier, when you're spending a great deal on something you want it to stay intact but they were all easy fixes and in the end I was still happy with my purchases. I will still be purchasing off the website again because she is extremely talented and her chokers are all so unique so I definitely would recommend to a friend in the end.


"Sirius" ($46.00)
"Atlantis" ($50.00)
"Arctic" ($48.00)

Thank you as always,
K. Mauve♥


No comments:

Post a Comment